|Director of Case Management|
Team IMPACT is a national nonprofit that provides an extended support network to children living with serious and chronic illnesses by matching them up with a local college athletic team. We believe that our program can help a child increase their confidence, optimism, and sense of belonging through these relationships. Children feel like they are members of the team, contributing in ways only they can, to provide insight and inspiration to the student-athletes that cannot be found on the field or in the classroom.
The Director of Case Management (DCM) will be the key leader in providing clinical oversight and report to the Director of Programs to play an integral role in all facets of the Team IMPACT program. The DCM will oversee the daily programmatic activities of the Team IMPACT office. Duties to include meetings with staff to ensure the match up process is moving along efficiently, that the support and maintenance of current matches are at the highest quality and the daily programmatic aspects of the organization are managed. The DCM will continue to identify ways to improve the efficiency of relationship management and support the Director of Programs in building longer-term strategic initiatives. The position will also take the lead in career development and performance reviews for the Program staff.
A successful DCM will achieve the following outcomes within the first year of employment:
• Lead the organization towards establishing a clinically relevant approach to case management thereby improving program quality.
• Create processes for program evaluation, which may include developing necessary data collection tools and establishing an evaluation plan to enable the organization to measure and quantify the success of its programming more effectively.
• Oversee a team of case managers and manage the hiring processes and lead training for new case managers to support projected organizational growth.
In order to achieve the preceding outcomes, this hire will:
• Oversee staff of 7 Case Managers including weekly meetings for relationships in the participant-team-family match-up process;
• Identify opportunities to make the case management process clinically relevant, with appropriate boundaries, and a focus on empowering participants and families, while improving process efficiency;
• Evaluate program quality through regular meetings for matched cases; gather feedback on improving the experience for Team IMPACT families and teams; implement programmatic changes to improve programming quality for all stakeholders;
• Manage data collection, analysis, and milestone measurement processes to effectively evaluate Team IMPACT’s programming; this includes updating and maintaining the organization’s Salesforce database, leading data analysis, and quantifying organizational impact;
• Administer initial training and subsequent training to current and new staff as the organization grows;
• Build and manage our Parent Advisory Council, which will focus on ensuring the voice of our families is continually integrated into our organizational strategies;
As the incoming DCM, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
• You are a licensed independent clinical social worker and bring significant clinical experience, preferably in a hospital or healthcare setting;
• You are an experienced leader with strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability and discipline to pay attention to all the details; you have had success leading teams towards programmatic improvements;
• You are comfortable with tracking and interpreting data, capable of leveraging the analysis of program outcomes to influence program benchmarks and overall direction;
• You are a strategic thinker with both a strong clinical acumen and bring a genuine passion for, and commitment to passion for Team IMPACT’s mission and vision;
• You bring 3+ years of staff management experience ideally providing clinical supervision to other clinicians;
• You have demonstrated the ability to influence, inspire, guide, and direct a project or group of people towards a defined goal while working effectively with peers, staff, and external partners;
• You thrive while working collaboratively with feedback oriented, intellectually curious team members in a flexible, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
• You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills: you bring effective presentation skills, practice active listening habits, have strong conversational skills and prior knowledge of and comfort with advanced interviewing techniques;
• You have sound judgment and decision-making skills; you are empathetic and adaptable and solutions-oriented. Your teammates describe you as resourceful, resilient and customer service orientated;
• You are highly comfortable operating autonomously, but also know when and how to advocate for the help and resources needed for success, leveraging individual circumstances to inform an appropriate response;
Team IMPACT offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Team IMPACT is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced, acknowledging that a team reflecting diversity of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/ domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, and veteran status allows us to serve our communities better. To that end, we welcome and encourage applicants to bring their authentic selves when considering employment opportunities at Team IMPACT without fear or concern of discrimination/harassment.
Using the link below, please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, in Word or PDF format, addressed to Amy VanRyn. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About Commongood Careers
Team IMPACT has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for a Director of Case Management. Commongood Careers is a mission-driven search firm that supports the hiring needs of high-impact nonprofits. With an approach that leverages robust talent networks, recruitment and search management expertise, and a deep understanding of our clients’ missions and cultures, we help organizations secure the talent they need to create greater social impact. Since our founding in 2005, Commongood Careers has led more than 1000 searches at 350 organizations in 33 states, making us one of the most experienced and dedicated nonprofit search firms in the country. Learn more about nonprofit job opportunities at Commongood Careers.
Would you like to apply to this job?