|Job Title:||Manager, Facilitation|
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Reports To:||Director, Dissemination|
|Department:||Peterson Center on Healthcare|
|Position Type:||One Year Full Time - Renewable (40 hours minimum) |
About the Peterson Center on Healthcare
The Peterson Center on Healthcare is a non-profit organization dedicated to making higher quality, more affordable healthcare a reality for all Americans. The organization is working to transform U.S. healthcare into a high-performance system by finding innovative solutions that improve quality and lower costs, and accelerating their adoption on a national scale. Established by the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, the Center collaborates with stakeholders across the healthcare system and engages in grant-making, partnerships, and research.
As a member of the Peterson Center on Healthcare’s Dissemination team, the Manager of Facilitation will help spread our model of high-performance primary care through a practice transformation service.
The service applies an evidence-based method with content, tools and facilitation support to enable primary care practices adopt the model from within, resulting in higher quality outcomes, a better experience for patients, and higher provider engagement, all at a lower total cost.
The Manager of Facilitation will work with a network of practice facilitators embedded in healthcare systems, which are actively implementing the high-performance primary care model.
The main responsibilities of the job include:
- Serve as the primary liaison, teacher and coach with practice facilitators in systems implementing the Peterson Center on Healthcare’s model of high-performance primary care
- Advise facilitators and practices on the content and adoption of the model of high-performance primary care
- Establish and maintain a supportive, trusting and collegial relationship with practices, their leadership, sponsors and practice improvement teams
- Provide effective training to facilitators on the model and the role of the practice facilitator
- Create innovative resources such as tools, processes, solutions and presentations to support current or future practice implementation
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and facilitate improvement teams toward measurable outcomes with increasing practice independence over time
- Build a network community to help practice facilitators learn, develop and grow in their role
- Work with the practices and the Center’s product team to obtain feedback from the practices on the model, test new features and introduce new features into their workflows
- Routinely assess and report practice progress throughout the transformation process and capture learnings and activities as reported
- Continually review and manage time focusing on high-value activities, excellent performance or internal improvements/efficiencies that could accelerate adoption of the model
- Collaboratively develop strategies, tactics and metrics needed to accomplish established goals
- Travel to practices to provide consulting services
- Work with experts to develop practice facilitation into a scalable service with sustainable business models
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent oral communication skills and effective group presentation skills
- Excellent written communication skills; expressing ideas clearly and concisely in a well-organized manner
- Ability to practice active listening and ask critical questions of others to create a learning environment
- Strong critical thinking, analytic, strategic and “big picture” skills
- Ability to develop strong trusting, collegial relationships with practices, leaders and sponsors within a clinical setting and within the Center
- Extensive knowledge and experience in applying quality improvement principles and methods including measurement and data analysis
- Demonstrated advanced group process and group facilitation skills
- Excellent computer skills particularly related to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Working knowledge of health information technology
- Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare field, training or organizational development. Graduate degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Five or more years’ experience in a clinical setting. This should include experience in any of the following: care delivery, quality improvement, research, operations or administration
- Two or more years’ experience in consultative roles (either internal or external) such as a consultant, coach, or trainer within a healthcare setting
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format, addressed to Julia Murphy at the following link: http://commongoodcareers.force.com/careers/ts2__Register?jobId=a0K1L00000otMoq&tSource=
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About Commongood Careers
The Peterson Center on Healthcare has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for a Manager of Facilitation. Commongood Careers is a mission-driven search firm that supports the hiring needs of high-impact nonprofits. With an approach that leverages robust talent networks, recruitment and search management expertise, and a deep understanding of our clients’ mission and culture, we help organizations secure the talent they need to create greater social impact. Since our founding in 2005, Commongood Careers has led more than 1000 searches at 350 organizations in 33 states, making us one of the most experienced and dedicated nonprofit search firms in the country. Learn more about nonprofit job opportunities at Commongood Careers.