Associate Director of Digital Fundraising
National Center for Learning Disabilities
The National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD) works to improve the lives of the one in five individuals with learning and attention issues by empowering parents and young adults, transforming schools and creating policy and advocacy impact. We envision a society in which every individual who struggles to learn possesses the academic, social and emotional skills needed to succeed in school, at work and in life.
NCLD is currently looking to add capacity to a growing Development team. We are seeking a creative, driven Associate Director to develop, execute, and manage multi-channel digital fundraising campaigns that mobilize our audiences to engage with the cause of learning and attention issues. Reporting to the Manager Director, Understood.org the Associate Director works with the Development department, other NCLD teams, and consultants on designing and executing campaigns intended to expand and engage NCLD’s online audiences and maximize opportunities to donate. A highly strategic individual with a commitment to excellence, the Associate Director will deeply understand NCLD’s audiences through extensive analysis and develop compelling messaging that motivates them to contribute to the cause.
- Serve as the development department lead on digital fundraising campaigns and digital donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Develop and implement strategies that will grow annual revenue from grassroots audiences.
- Translate program goals into smart digital campaign plans and creative tactics leveraging email, web content, SMS, social media, and paid advertising.
- Support Understood, NCLD’s collaboration with 15+ organizations and funders focused on giving parents access to best-in-class resources to support their children. Partner with the staff and consultants of Understood to optimize marketing, email outreach and collaborative fundraising.
- Design and manage digital fundraising campaigns including but not restricted to the year-end Annual Appeal, Giving Tuesday, Learning Disabilities Awareness Month, and sustaining donors:
- Draft compelling, heartfelt, and strategic email, web, and social copy that authentically represents how we deliver on our mission and is personalized to different audiences.
- Segment and pull donor and prospect lists from the CRM; and manage email database as it relates to donors.
- Collaborate with the marketing and communications teams on package design and digital implementation.
- Ensure website, email, and social media integration of campaigns.
- Draft acknowledgment email templates; manage stewardship calendar and related communications.
- Test different strategies, assess results, and consistently propose ways to improve tactics and use limited resources for maximum impact in fundraising and messaging.
- Establish strategy and goals for donor acquisition and donor upgrades.
- In collaboration with marketing and communications teams, support list growth strategies for NCLD and Understood audiences.
- Support cause marketing and digital fundraising campaigns emerging from NCLD’s corporate partnerships. Respond to and shepherd requests from corporations/individuals seeking to fundraise online on behalf of NCLD.
- Establish and regularly report out to senior leadership on Key Performance Indicators including: campaign revenue goals; response rate; donor growth and retention; number of gifts secured; average gift size; and signatory, appeal, and timing factors.
- Stay informed on industry trends, best practices, and innovative approaches. Research new digital fundraising technologies and techniques and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in digital fundraising and marketing; Knowledge of digital engagement best practices.
- Proven track record in directing a successful integrated, multi-channel fundraising or marketing programs with a customer/donor focus.
- General understanding and experience with relational databases and CRMs (Luminate, Salesforce, etc.) and constituent relationship management strategies and processes.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to use data to drive decision making.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to lead projects from concept through execution with teams, with overlapping timelines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with individuals and cross-disciplinary teams.
- Positive attitude and commitment to teamwork.
- Strong work ethic and high standards for personal and professional excellence.
- Acute attention to detail, and dedication to quality assurance and follow-through.
- Sense of humor.
- Passion and commitment to NCLD’s mission. Prior knowledge of learning and attention issues is not required, but a willingness to learn is essential.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as needed.
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format, addressed to Kevin Hager, Managing Director, Understood.org at, http://commongoodcareers.force.com/careers/ts2__Register?jobId=a0K1L00000otLjQ&tSource=
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The National Center for Learning Disabilities is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
For additional information on the organization, please visit their website at www.ncld.org.
For additional information on learning and attention issues, including ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, executive functioning issues, nonverbal learning disabilities, processing issues and more, please visit www.understood.org.
About Commongood Careers
National Center for Learning Disabilities has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for a Digital Fundraising Officer. Commongood Careers is a mission-driven search firm that supports the hiring needs of high-impact nonprofits. With an approach that leverages robust talent networks, recruitment and search management expertise, and a deep understanding of our clients’ missions and cultures, we help organizations secure the talent they need to create greater social impact. Since our founding in 2005, Commongood Careers has led more than 1000 searches at 350 organizations in 33 states, making us one of the most experienced and dedicated nonprofit search firms in the country. Learn more about nonprofit job opportunities at Commongood Careers.