Victory Programs Inc. (VPI) is a Boston-based nonprofit organization dedicated to helping individuals and families experiencing homelessness who may have substance use disorders and/or accompanying chronic health issues like HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C and mental illness. Providing a welcoming environment, our compassionate and inspiring team is committed to helping clients, tenants and members regain health and restore hope through a return home however he or she defines it. VPI operates 18 health, housing and prevention programs throughout Greater Boston and serves more than 2,000 people every year.
Behind the doors of our programs are real-life stories of thousands of individuals and families that seek services every year. To learn more about our diverse program offerings and hear from our CEO, Jonathan Scott, view this video.
As a member of the executive leadership team, the Senior Director of Programs is responsible for the management of the agency’s overall program operations including team management and development, service delivery, quality control and evaluation. Reporting to the Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Director of Programs will ensure that VPI meets ambitious program delivery goals, while making necessary modifications to program design and organizational structure in order to achieve meaningful change in the lives of clients. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to lead a department focused on providing individualized and person-driven services, leveraging a strengths-based approach to support people in achieving personal goals. The Senior Director of Programs will play a key role in charting the strategic direction of Victory Programs’ impact and growth. As such, we welcome candidates who are committed to supporting and championing change for marginalized and often overlooked communities.
- Oversee the delivery of client services, evaluate and assess program impact, recommend program/policy changes, and direct program shifts and improvements in line with the agency’s Standards of Care and Excellence.
- Ensure all programs operate in compliance with all statutory and contractual requirements, and that policies are being observed and administered to ensure sound fiscal, ethical and operational management and proper delivery of all services.
- Lead the tracking of process and outcome data for the VPI portfolio of programs.
- Serve as a key member of the executive leadership team, collaborating with colleagues in the development and monitoring of program budgets; ensure effective implementation of human resource policies, procedures and practices and effective fundraising.
- Hire, supervise, evaluate, and coach the Director of Victory Health, Director of Victory Housing, Director of Clinical Services and Quality Assurance Coordinator.
- Participate in grant preparation as needed for city, state, and federal contracts as well as private foundations.
- Oversee the maintenance and management of all client service records and internal client databases including the electronic health record system.
- Develop and maintain professional affiliations with organizations or individuals to support the clinical continuum of care for program participants.
- Support VPI in operating as a unified agency, supporting a matrixed structure of accountability, and participating in Executive and Leadership Team activities, workgroups and other necessary meetings.
- 5+ years’ progressive leadership experience in program design, implementation, and evaluation, ideally directing the operations of clinical treatment services, or supportive housing programs for a large multi-program agency
- At least 5 years of staff management experience and the ability to effectively coach direct reports with management responsibilities in the delivery of high-quality services to clients; prior success in providing effective training and onboarding as well as ongoing support and mentoring
- Demonstrated success managing reporting and compliance requirements for state, federal, and city funded programs
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills; adept at working with and relating to diverse constituents in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Thrive in a culture that is dynamic, mission-driven and client-centric, on a team that values results, flexibility, and humility; embody and act as a steward for VPI’s mission in interactions with both internal and external stakeholders
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle required
- High level of comfort with digital tools, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and CRM software
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree in relevant fields preferred
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format, addressed to Sarah Porter, Vice President/Chief Operating Officer by utilizing the link below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Victory Programs Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Victory Programs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.